(Last Updated October 6th, 2021)
The following is general information on Qualipro privacy practices. Please read our privacy statement and let us know if you have any questions. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out:
- Personal information we collect about you PIPEDA
- Types of data collected
- Cookies and other technologies
- Integrations with Other Services
- Payment processing and Payment Processor
- Cookies and other technologies.
- How we use your information.
- Website and platform Analytics
- California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
- Our promotional updates and communications.
- Who we give your information to.
- Where store your information
- The Legal Basis on Which Qualipro.com Collects Your Personal Data
- Additional EU Disclosures
- Provision of Personal Data and failure to provide Personal Data
- How long we keep information
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- Marketing information:
- How to access and control your information
- Consent to provide personal information
- How we Share your Data to third parties
- Your rights as a data subject
- Privacy shield
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
- Our COPPA policy towards children
- How we protect your information
- Residents of California
- Your right to withdraw consent
- Opting out
- Data Privacy Regulatory Frameworks and Requirements
- Data portability
- About security and personal Information
- Complaints to a data protection authority
- Contact us
Personal information we collect about you (PIPEDA)
According to the personal information protection and electronic documents act, 2000 (PIPEDA), “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual. The information you provide to Qualipro is considered personal information it is possible to relate it back to you through your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information that can identify you.
If information cannot be related to an identifiable individual it is considered anonymous information. Whenever possible, Qualipro works with anonymous information. This privacy statement does not apply to anonymous information.
Types of data we collect from you
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We collect information, including Personal Data, from you when you create an account, request information, subscribe for a service, create or upload other content or otherwise actively send us your data on or through our Site including by accessing our Site. This may include your user name, password, first and last name, email address, telephone number (including mobile phone number), home address, occupation, professional experience, education, interests, and any other data included in a submitted profile, Qualipro or cover letter, or that you choose to upload to our Site.
- Sensitive PII. In certain circumstances, such as when subscribing for our service, you may provide a credit, debit, or payment account number, or other payment information to our payment gateway provider which we recognize as more sensitive than other PII.
- Anonymous Data. Some of the Data that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your Device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some Data that could be considered PII when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your Device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous Data about other users.
Additionally, we may also collect certain other types of information that, along with Identity Data and Contact Data, may be considered and specifically named “Non-Public Information” or “Personal Data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Union (“EU”), including but not limited to:
Personal Information that it considers necessary for it or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of services they offer. The information we collect generally falls into two categories:
Information supplied by visitors to the website and platform when they:
- Create a user account
- Login to their account
- Place an order for our service or product
- Enter a sweepstakes or other promotional contest
- Information we collect as visitors use our website and platform.
You need to sign up to use certain products, services, and tools on our website and platform that require you to provide information about yourself, such as your name, physical address, email address, and phone number. For example, you may provide such information if you sign up for a new account, newsletters, complete our “Feedback” form, or use a social media tool. We may use such information in order to provide you with the products, services, or tools you have requested.
In addition to the above, we may collect information, and/or use the information we collect, in the following specific ways:
IF YOU ARE SITUATED IN THE EU, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION “ADDITIONAL EU DISCLOSURES” THAT PERTAIN TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW
Cookies and other technologies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen will tell you how to do this. We also give you information about disabling cookies. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web or app session and expire when you close your browser or exit the app. Others are used to remember you when you return to the platform and will last for longer.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
Payment processing and Payment Processor
Note your payment card details are not shared with Qualipro by the provider
How we use your information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of our platform.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Qualipro and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Audit related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including but not limited to, counting ad impressions of unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors impairing existing intended functionality;
- Undertake internal research for technical development and demonstration;
- Undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Qualipro, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Qualipro;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Qualipro and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
Please keep in mind that Qualipro does not trade or sell your personal information.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
In order to provide you with the Services, you subscribe to or that you request from us, information about you may be transferred to Qualipro locations in the United States, Australia, and Sweden as well as countries where our service providers may be based. In some cases, information about you may be transferred to or accessed from other countries, including when you consent and allow us to do so, where it is required in order for us to provide Services to you, and when we need to do so to provide functions like product support, troubleshooting and gaining insights into the usage patterns of our Services. When information about you is transferred to countries other than your home country, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. Any international transfers of such information will be done in accordance with applicable law.
California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, Qualipro does not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
Where we store your information
Qualipro has a data privacy officer who is responsible for ensuring that your personal information is collected, used, disclosed (shared), and retained in compliance with applicable privacy regulations.
However, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European economic area (“EEA”) that may not be subject to equivalent data protection law.
In order to store it
In order to enable us to provide products or services to you and fulfill our contract with you. This includes Web Related Services fulfillment, processing of, and the provision of support services.
The Legal Basis on Which Qualipro.com Collects Your Personal Data
- Performance of a Contract. Qualipro.com processes certain Personal Data on the basis that such processing is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement. An example of this would be where Qualipro.com provides a Relay Service.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may also process your Personal Data when such processing is necessary for Qualipro.com to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where Qualipro.com is required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
How we store and secure the information we collect
Information storage and security
We use industry-standard technical and organizational measures to secure the information we store.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
If you use our server or data center Services, responsibility for securing storage and access to the information you put into the services rests with you and not Qualipro. We strongly recommend that server or data center users configure SSL to prevent interception of data transmitted over networks and to restrict access to the databases and other storage points used.
Additional EU Disclosures
If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance. If you are situated in the EU and have a complaint, please contact our privacy team at info@Qualipro.com
Provision of Personal Data and failure to provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we will not be able to provide services to you
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
In connection with Qualipro’s processing of personal data (as defined by European law) it receives from the European Union (“EU”) or Switzerland, we comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (together with “Privacy Shield”) with respect to personal data we process from the EU or Switzerland and transfer to the United States. For more information about Privacy Shield, and to view our certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website. We remain responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield for any personal data that we share with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above, unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. If you have an inquiry regarding our adherence to the Privacy Shield, we encourage you to contact us at info@Qualipro.com. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. You may also refer your complaint free of charge to our designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints.
if you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Qualipro materials. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them, and any limitations.
Consent to provide personal information
We inform you when we need to collect your personal information and why we are collecting it. Qualipro only collects information from you after you give us your consent. The only exception is when the law requires the collection, use, or disclosure of a person’s information without consent.
Providing us with personal information is entirely voluntary. By giving us your personal information, you consent to allow us to use and disclose your personal information as described to you. If you do not agree with the use and disclosure of your information, please do not provide us with your personal information.
Some of our services can only be offered if you provide personal information so, if you choose not to provide your information, we may not be able to provide you with those services. You may withdraw consent at any time. You will be informed of the effect that withdrawing your consent will have. Your withdrawal of consent will only apply from the point that you withdrew consent. Your withdrawal of consent is not retroactive. This means we will not remove information that has already been disclosed.
How we Share your Data to third parties
To facilitate the purposes of Web-related Services, personal data may be shared in the normal course and scope of business with third parties to whom Qualipro has chosen to outsource work. In the event that personal data is transferred to a third party, Qualipro requires in its agreements with third parties that adequate privacy precautions are taken that provide the same level of privacy protection as is required by the principles of the privacy shield. In certain circumstances, Qualipro may remain responsible and liable under privacy shield principles if such third parties process the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the privacy shield principles
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers, who, on our behalf, operate, maintain, and/or support our IT systems and IT infrastructure, services, our websites/apps, manage our payment solutions, perform statistical analysis, send newsletters, display you promotions related to Qualipro and provide you tips for your job search and career development with content created by Qualipro, provide customer support and perform other important services for us.
- Legal Successors: A transfer of your personal data to another legal entity may occur as part of a transfer of our business or parts thereof in form of a reorganization, sale of assets, consolidation, merger or similar, in the event of this scenario we will contact you beforehand by email on your Qualipro email account.
- Other disclosures: In addition to where you have consented to a disclosure of the personal data or where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which, it was collected, personal data may also be disclosed in special situations, where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or otherwise where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Your rights as a data subject
In some jurisdictions (for example, the member states of the European Union) you may be entitled to certain rights in and to your personal data, subject to certain conditions and exceptions contained in applicable law. These rights may include the following:
- Request us to confirm whether your personal data is processed by us, and if we do, to obtain access to your personal data and certain information about it.
- Require the correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Direct us to stop processing your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Erase or delete your personal data, for example, where the data is no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
- Restrict the further processing of personal data
- Request us not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you (we currently do not engage in such processing and will notify you prior to doing so).
- Request to receive your personal data for transmission to, or to directly transmit to, another data controller in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format.
To protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before complying with such rights requests.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
If you are an individual in the European economic area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, and this may mean no longer using the services
Our COPPA policy towards children
The services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Qualipro complies with both the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and, with regard to EU data subjects, with GDPR. While children under the age of thirteen (13) may use the Site only with the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian, please be advised that this Site is not directed or otherwise promoted for use by children under the age of thirteen (13).
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS 1.3 (a strong protocol), x25519 (a strong key exchange), and aes_128_gcm (a strong cipher). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platforms; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Residents of California
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights and protections under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
CCPA Consumer Rights
The CCPA requires us to communicate information about rights California consumers have with respect to their personal information (as defined within the CCPA). These rights include the right to request: access to their personal information; deletion of their personal information; additional details about our information practices; the categories of personal information sold in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; the categories of personal information shared within in the preceding 12 months; to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information, and to not be discriminated against.
For details about how to exercise these rights, please see “Your Choices” below to exercise your rights by sending us an email with your request, or you may contact us through our email below. California consumers may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these options on their behalf. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise these rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights related to your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following CCPA-defined categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as age or gender.
- Commercial Information, including records of Services purchased and credit card or other payment information.
- Internet or electronic network activity information, information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Services including an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as profile pictures.
- Professional or employment related information.
- Education Information and
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Information”.
Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following CCPA-defined categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, and account name;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as age or gender;
- Commercial Information, including records of Services purchased and credit card or other payment information;
- Internet or electronic network activity information, information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as profile pictures;
- Professional or employment related information;
- Education Information; and
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at info@Qualipro.com. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in ‘Our promotional updates and communications section.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at info@Qualipro.com.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may contact our data protection team at email info@Qualipro.com
They can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
Opting out of messages from us
To opt out of any future promotional messages from us, you should unsubscribe in the body of the promotional message that was sent to you (found at the bottom of the email) or send an unsubscribe request to us at info@Qualipro.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
Opting out of sharing with third parties for marketing
If you do not want your Personal Information or Personal Data shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to info@Qualipro.com. Please note that if you opt-out in this manner, certain aspects of the Website and platform may no longer be available to you. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
Opting out of interest-based advertising
If you are an EU resident and Qualipro is processing, and/or transmitting your personal data, then you – as an “EU data subject” – benefit from the following rights and privileges under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Right of Access: you have the right to obtain from us, as controllers, confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the following personal data and information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned; i.e. name, email, phone number etc
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from us rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you or to object to such processing; (f) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (for a list of supervisory authorities, see https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en)
- where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source;
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, along the lines indicated by Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR, and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
- Right to Rectification: you have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerned, provided during registration by him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the user have the right to have request his incomplete personal data be completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten): you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, and we have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay when: a) your data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; b) you had consented to the processing; c) you have objected to the processing, as per below; d) your personal data had been unlawfully collected; e) your personal data need to be erased as a matter of compliance with a legal obligation.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing if you: a) contest the accuracy of the personal data, until this is verified; b) the processing is unlawful but you don’t want erasure; c) we no longer need the personal data, but you require them to establish, exercise to defend a legal claim; d) you have objected to processing but there is a need to verify whether our legitimate grounds override your rights to object.
- Right to Data Portability: where your personal data have been provided on the basis of your consent or for the performance of a contract, and their processing occurs in an automated way, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data– or have directly transmitted – to another controller.
Right to Object: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data based on a legitimate ground point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1), including profiling based on those provisions. In this case, we can no longer process your personal data unless we show that there is a compelling legitimate ground for the processing which overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms or for our establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier). Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information you create on the spaces you under your sole control, like your personal Bitbucket repository
Security and Personal Information
The Site uses its best endeavors to store all Personal Information on servers with restricted access, and all electronic storage and transmission of Personal Information are secured with appropriate security technologies. Not to withstand the foregoing, the Site cannot guarantee that such precautions would render the Site and its servers immune to security breaches.
Complaint to a data protection authority
You have the right to submit a complaint concerning our data processing activities to our data protection officer
If you have any queries regarding our data collection and protection practices or your rights, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection team, at info@Qualipro.com